How is the public hearing/seeing/reading about your church or school?
Here are some public relations tips:
Signage! Contact the Southern Union for help—they have discounted prices.
Contact your local news media—print and/or television—to learn submission deadlines, guidelines, etc. Introduce yourself to the staff; make friends.
Set up a free church and/or school website through Adventist Church Connect.
- Post news stories on your website at least weekly.
- Share calendar items and keep them current.
- Share documents. If you're a church, post your bulletin as a PDF.
- Keep contact information current—phone numbers, email addresses, maps, etc.
- Start a blog. A great person to do this would be the pastor or principal.
- Provide additional resources. For example, link to the Georgia-Cumberland Conference and North American Division websites.
Use the Seventh-day Adventist logo to brand.
Establish a presence on social media. Start with Facebook and/or Twitter.