Our department is the avenue through which classified ads and obituaries get published in the Southern Tidings
. Please follow the guidelines below.
Please note: Ad are accepted as space is available. Ads may run in successive months as space permits. The Southern Tidings makes every reasonable effort to screen all advertising, but in no case can the periodical assume responsibility for advertisements appearing in its columns or for typographical errors.
- Type your advertisement and print it out. We do not accept ads via email or fax.
- Have your Seventh-day Adventist pastor or local church elder write “Approved” and ad his signature on the sheet of paper containing the advertisement.
- Write your name and address on the same sheet.
- Specify how many times the ad is to run.
- Send the approved ad to the Georgia-Cumberland Conference office six (6) weeks in advance of the desired publication date. For example, an ad submitted by March 20 would run in the May issue.
Include PAYMENT IN FULL for each month the ad is to run (see rates below). Make checks payable to SOUTHERN UNION.
Mail ad and payment to:
Attn: Communication Department
PO Box 12000
Calhoun, GA 30703
Within the Southern Union:
$40 for 20 words or less, including address
$45 for anything longer than 20 words up to 45 words
($1.30 per word beyond 45)
Outside the Southern Union:
$50 for 20 words or less, including address
$55 for anything longer than 20 words up to 45 words
($1.50 per word beyond 45)
Send obituaries to Britni (email@example.com). Keep in mind that the Southern Tidings does not run obituaries in every issue, so please be patient as you wait for it to be published.
- About 250-300 words
- Please understand there is not room to include photos
Communication Assistant Director
706-629-7951 ext 395