Per North American Division policy and Georgia-Cumberland Conference policy, we are required to perform an examination of local church financial records and local school financial records on a biennial basis. Due to technical differences, we use the term examination rather than audit .
However, in order to minimize possible confusion we use the term audit for the following common questions we receive from treasurers. The answers to the questions can be accessed by clicking on the key word in each question.
Why audit? I do my work honestly for the Lord. Nobody needs to check on me.
When are we going to be audited?
Where will the audit be conducted?
What do we have to do to prepare for the audit?
How long do we have to keep the financial records of the church/school?
What other services are offered by the auditing department?
2. Next Step Sequence in Jewel [8 min 46 sec]
3. Posting Offerings to Jewel - Part 1 [11 min 8 sec]
4. Posting Offerings to Jewel - Part 2 [13 min 9 sec]
5. Posting Checks to Jewel [11 min 2 sec]
6. Bank Reconciliation in Jewel [18 min 10 sec]
7. Budget Allocations - A Quick Overview [5 min 22 sec]
1. Loading Jewel onto New Computer - Defaults to Check [3 min 50 sec]
2. Posting NSF Checks to Jewel [4 min 13 sec]
1. Steps to Closing the Year in Jewel [7 min 22 sec]
2. How to Use Jewel's "Choose Form 1099 Payments" [13 min 10 sec]
3. How to Print Donor Receipts [5 min 35 sec]
Please click on the link below to download an overview of church internal controls.
Click on Treasurer FAQ for a more comprehensive FAQ listing.